Our final stop in our #RoadtripInBourbon took us to my home state of California. Now I’m a Southern California girl but this beautiful bottle of The Burning Chair Bourbon is made by wine makers in the beautiful city of Vallejo in Northern California. I made a cocktail called #The805Smash filled with beautiful strawberries honoring my home town of Oxnard, California. Let me know what you think of the The Burning Chair or if you tried any of the spirits by Savage & Cooke.
- 3 Fresh Strawberries hulled
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 2 oz The Burning Chair Bourbon
- 1 oz simple syrup
- Place strawberries & mint in cocktail shaker using a muddled or a back of a wooden spoon throughly mash the two ingredients allowing the juices to release.
- Then add the lime juice, the Bourbon, and the simple syrup. Seal the shaker & shake what your momma gave ya! For 40-60 seconds (Now you have worked out & earned your drink YOUR WELCOME!)
- If you want to make it fancy for girls night you take a whole strawberry slice it from the bottom and a slice of lime to add on the side of your glass for garnish and. OR
- Fill your glass halfway with ice and pour your drink over it and Enjoy!
This drink makes me miss the Strawberry Festival.