Also known as
When you have a brother who’s a chef he is always sticking something in your face and saying, “Here try this!” For the most part I do. For the most part its always good. Sometimes I he will get reactions like ”I’m not eating that again” however those moment those are few.
When he brought the Rambutan fruit to me to try I said what on earth is it. Once he cut it open and I tried it by itself I loved it. It reminds me of Lychee fruit once you get past it’s spiky exterior. I knew that martini would be perfect place for this drink and I was right. Well I wont take all the credit we were both right.
The Rambutan fruit can be found at almost any farmers market or speciality grocery store. So that is why I gave it the “Ran Around Trying to Be Fancy” Martini. If your in the mood to do a little running around to have a fancy martini then this one for you.
Ran Around Trying To Be Fancy Martini
- 2 Rambutan fruits gutted (this will only make 1 drink so if you plan to make a few drinks then get a few of them)
- 1 tsp Simple Syrup
- 1 oz water
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 oz Ginger Beer
- 2 oz vodka
- Chilled martini glass
- Peel and pit the rambutans. A ripe rambutan should be easy to peel with your fingers. Be very careful to remove the skin from the fruit. It will likely come off in just a few pieces.
- Now use your fingers to dig into the flesh off the rambutan to remove the pit. It should slide out & look like a lychee fruit.
- Place the fruit into the shaker, add the vodka, vanilla, simple syrup, water, lime juice, ginger beer. Cover & shake vigorously for 30 seconds
- Pour into chilled martini glass and enjoy.