Lavender Simple Syrup is something that seems over the top….ok yes it is but you know what it is a great thing to make and keep in your fridge. It can go in any drink. No matter if its an alcohol beverage or just a upgraded lemonade. So here is a really simple way to make it and once you do I promise you wont buy over the counter simple syrup again.
In this recipe I do NOT add purple food coloring because I don’t feel the need to make it purple. I want the essence of the lavender with out the color. But if you are looking for the lavender color by all means go ahead. If you are making a themed cocktail or drink it can add to the drink I prefer the pure flavoring.
Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 Cup white Sugar
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Tb dried lavender or 2 Tb fresh lavender blossoms
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to boil
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved, simmer for one minute and then removed from heat,
- Let cool for 30 minutes while the flavors develop
- Pour through a strainer into a sterilized glass bottle or jar to remove al solid pieces.