- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2/3 cup vodka or more depending on how many tantrums you dealt with that day.
- Optional step is to sugar your rim. I never do because I feel like its one less calorie I need.
- Fill shaker with ice, hibiscus syrup, lime juice and vodka
- Shake for 20 seconds then strain into the serving glass.
Recipe: Hibiscus Syrup (Flor de Jamaica)
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 pieces of ginger
- 1/2 cup of dried hibiscus flower
- In a sauce pan combine sugar, water, dried hibiscus flower, cinnamon stick, and sliced ginger
- Let it boil for until sugar dissolves
- Strain mixture and let it cool
- Extra syrup may be stored in a glass container for up to a week
When your brother is a chef sometimes he reminds you that you have the capabilities to do fancy drinks even if his niece is running around singing “Bubble Guppies” for the 900,000 time. The hibiscus syrup he created was a perfect not just for my martinis but you can add it to homemade lemonade for the kids.