Brazilian Limeaide with Rum
- 7 juicy limes washed, scrubbed & clean
- 6 cups of cold water
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup of sweetened condensed milk
- Wash Limes through, scrubbing the skins with dish soap to get the wax off. Then cut the limes into 1/8ths
- In a blender, combine half of the water, half sugar, and half limes and blend 5-7 times. Pour through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher, pressing the lime pulp with a spoon to help release juices, then discarding the remaining skins & pulp. Repeat with the remaining water, sugar and limes.
- Stir the sweetened condensed milk into the limeade and serve with lots of ice and thin slices for garnish.
- If the drink taste bitter add more sweetened condensed milk.
- For the #MommieNeedsAMoment version add Rum or Cachaca to your drink. I used Zacapa Rum.